At Rako we run a number of training courses for Dealers & Installers throughout the year. There are two courses available; a Foundation course which is an 'Introduction to Lighting Controls' and an Advanced course that covers the Rako wired system and programming.
- Courses are held regularly at Rako's head office in Rochester, Kent with additional courses offered at our offices near Manchester
- Courses are free of charge
- Each course runs for a single full day, starting at 10:00am and finishing at 4:00pm
- Lunch & refreshments are provided – special dietary requirements can be catered for upon request
The advanced course is specifically aimed at installers with previous Rako programming knowledge and the completion of the Rako "Introduction to Lighting Controls" course is highly recommended.
- Free on-site parking
- Please note that a laptop is required for the advanced course
- Each course is awarded three CEDIA CEU points
- Dedicated training can be arranged for large groups
- For more information or to book a course, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What will I learn?
- Different lighting types/loads, including Tungsten, Low voltage transformers, fluorescents and LEDs
- Uses of lighting control - Home cinema, multi-room, garden
- Run through of Rako dimming products - dimmers, wall plates, av interfaces
- Programming a single room with RASOFT - including setting up a RAVIR
- Overview of RASOFT programming - addressing a whole house (what you need to consider)
- Introduction to RAK4 dimming rack system - installation, configuration, setup and programming (RAK4 installs always require RASOFT software)
- Programming of a time clock - RASOFT setup of Events and Macros
- Programming of RACUB modules - Different RASOFT configurations for different types of screen, curtain and blind motors
(Please note that a laptop is required for the advanced course)
- Update on lighting load types and control method
- Refresher on Wireless system addressing and configuration
- Wired system design and installation options
- Wired system programming via Ethernet bridge
- Combining Wired and Wireless systems to create Hybrid systems
- Audio Visual system interfacing, using infrared and RS232 control
- Configuring Ethernet bridges for iPhone/iPad control
- New product update
Watch our prerequisite training video and find out what you can expect from the Rako Foundation course.